Annually, NAGARA recognizes leaders and innovators in the field of government archives and records management with our Annual Awards Program. This is a great opportunity to celebrate the achievements of your associates and friends in NAGARA.
Each award has unique requirements for eligibility and criteria for selection. Do you know a colleague that has found creative ways to further diversity, equity, and inclusion? Is there someone who deserves recognition for a significant contribution to NAGARA or the profession? Award recipients will be recognized at the 2022 NAGARA Annual Meeting Awards Luncheon and will be featured on the NAGARA website and social media throughout the year.
Click on the tabbed headings below to learn more about each of NAGARA's annual awards.
Also to consider:
Recipients of NAGARA's annual awards program reap benefits in numerous ways:
- Government, state and local representatives all enjoy when good things happen in their communities and to their constituents. These awards confirm that good things are happening;
- Acknowledgement from peers as well as a national professional organization creates notability from the recipient's office and agency;
- Award recipients obtain extra opportunities for press releases and photo-ops to draw attention to their respective archival and records programs. The award even opens doors for recipients to be acknowledged at a regular public meeting of their government;
- Recipients receive bragging rights, thus calling attention to our profession and the important work we do; and
- The award promotes the recipient’s program/agency and may be used to introduce new users to their collections and public services.