NAGARA is pleased to offer Annual Conference Travel Awards to first-time conference attendees. Awards offered will range from full-conference scholarships (registration + travel/lodging costs), to registration-only scholarships, to supplemental lodging assistance.
To apply for a Travel Award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be active members of NAGARA
- Must have never attended a previous NAGARA Annual Conference
- Be professionals with archival or records management responsibilities, working for a government entity which lacks funding to send employees to conferences.
- Complete an application (linked below), which also includes:
- Submitting information about your organization/agency
- Submitting a statement of need
- Submitting a personal statement
- Submitting a resume, and
- Submitting a letter or statement from the applicant's current supervisor that includes: 1) Expressions of support and approval for the applicant to attend the 2023 NAGARA Annual Conference if they receive a Travel Award, and 2) Information about why funding is not available for the applicant from the organization/agency.
Those selected to receive a Travel Award must agree to the following:
- To attend and be recognized as a Travel Award recipient during the Annual Business Meeting (Thursday, July 20, 2023) as part of the Annual Conference
- To write an article/conference writeup documenting their reflections on being a first-time conference attendee, and
- To allow their name, image, and conference writeup to be featured and published by NAGARA across various communication mediums