DATE & TIME: Wednesday, July 12th, 2017 | 8AM - 4PM
PRESENTERS: Mr. Andrew Ysasi, ICRM Board Regent for Exam Development | Dave McDermott, CRM, Member, ICRM Exam Development Committee
DESCRIPTIONS: Have you considered, or are you actively planning to pursue, a formal certification in the field of Records and Information Management (RIM)? Do you want to enhance your professional credentials and experience as you consider or continue your career in this important discipline? With an unprecedented amount of change affecting the entire world of Records and Information Management, there is no better time to consider a formal professional certification in this space.
KEY ISSUES THIS WORKSHOP WILL ADDRESS
The Institute of Certified Records Managers (ICRM) is an international body for certifying the best information and records management professionals. The Institute has conferred the Certified Records Manager (CRM) designation since 1975. This is the premier standard for designating the most knowledgeable RIM (records and information management) professionals.
On September 24, 2016, the ICRM announced its newest credential, the Certified Records Analyst (CRA). A CRA candidate must pass Parts 2-4 to achieve this certification.
Attaining ICRM Certification is based on educational background, professional work experience and successful completion of Parts 1-6 for the CRM and Parts 2-4 for the CRA:
• Part 1 – Management Principles and the Records and Information (RIM) Program
• Part 2 – Records and Information: Creation and Use
• Part 3 – Records Storage, Retrieval, Conversion and Facilities
• Part 4 – Records Appraisal, Retention, Protection and Disposition
• Part 5 – Technology
• Part 6 – Business Case
Parts 1 through 5 each consist of 100 multiple-choice questions and are based on fundamental records and information management practices, and represent best practices in the profession. These questions are chosen as equally as possible from all parts of the Annotated Outlines.
There is no better way to prepare for the ICRM certification process than to attend this pre-con session designed to equip you with the knowledge, tools and strategies for passing this rigorous examination. The information shared in this pre-con by ICRM professionals will be invaluable to you in this effort.
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS WORKSHOP
In this pre-con workshop, attendees will receive:
• An introduction to ICRM Certification (with an overview of qualifications to become a Candidate),
• A detailed overview of the material covered in Parts 1-5 (including 20 sample questions for each part),
• An overview of Part 6, the case study portion of the exam, with strategic tips for passing as well as the Pearson VUE electronic testing environment.