Date & Time: Tuesday, August 14, 2018 | 7:30AM - 5:30PM EST
Workshop Overview: The Institute of Certified Records Managers (ICRM) is one of NAGARA's Corporate Partners and an international certification body that provides credentials to those working in the RIM profession. After 43 years of service to the RIM profession, ICRM certification continues to be the gold standard for records managers to advance their skills and competencies and ultimately their RIM careers.
The ICRM/NAGARA Pre-Conference Exam Prep Workshop (FULL DAY OPTION) contains preparation on all parts of the ICRM Exam PLUS a complimentary session for those CRMs interested in pursuing the new CRM/Federal Specialist Post-Certification Specialty Designation.
The CRM/Federal Specialist is based on the collective body of knowledge represented by the United States (US) government laws and regulations as well as the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) guidelines and policies for record keeping program in Federal agencies. The CRM/Federal Specialist was developed by a team of recognized CRMs whose careers have included Records and Information Management (RIM) programs of US government departments and agencies, US military and supporting contractors. Knowledge areas were defined in consultation with ICRM strategic partners and NARA resources.
The pre-conference workshop will include an overview of the ICRM Exams associated with the Certified Records Analyst (CRA) and Certified Records Manager (CRM) credentials including qualifications, application process and a review of the material covered in Parts 1-6, with sample questions.
Attaining ICRM Certification is based on educational background, professional work experience and successful completion of Parts 1-6 for the Certified Records Manager (CRM) or Parts 2-4 for the Certified Records Analyst (CRA):
- Part 1 – Management Principles and the Records and Information (RIM) Program
- Part 2 – Records and Information: Creation and Use
- Part 3 – Records Storage, Retrieval, Conversion and Facilities
- Part 4 – Records Appraisal, Retention, Protection and Disposition
- Part 5 – Technology
- Part 6 – Business Case
Parts 1 through 5 each consist of 100 multiple-choice questions and are based on fundamental records and information management practices, and represent the best practices in the industry. These questions are chosen as equally as possible from all parts of the Annotated Outlines.
There is no better way to prepare for the ICRM certification process than to attend these sessions designed to prepare you with the knowledge, tools and strategies for passing this rigorous examination. The information shared by ICRM professionals will be invaluable to you as you achieve your certification.
KEY TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS PRESENTATION:
- Professionals attending the CRM/Federal Specialist Post-Certification Specialty Designation session will be provided with an overview of the new credential, the qualification and application process, and receive an overview of the exam outline and related resources.
- Professionals attending the remainder of the workshop will receive information on the qualification and application process for the CRA and CRM credentials:
- A detailed overview of the material covered in Parts 1-5 (including 20 sample questions for each part).
- An overview of Part 6, the case study portion of the exam, with strategic tips for passing as well as the Pearson VUE electronic testing environment.
Workshop registrants will be given time for a lunch break; however meals will not be included in the registration fee.
Patricia Franks, Ph.D., CRM, CA, IGP;
Deb Armentrout, CRM/Federal Specialist;
Cheryl Smith, CRM/Federal Specialist;
Caroline Walters, CRM