SAVE THE DATE!
GENERALLY ACCEPTED RECORDKEEPING PRINCIPLES®
The Generally Accepted Recordkeeping Principles® (ARMA International’s “The Principles”) identify critical hallmarks of information governance and apply to all sizes of organizations, in all types of industries, and in both the private and public sectors. This interactive seminar held on April 17th, 2018 in Lansing, MI, will provide a deep dive into the eight principles, discuss the application of a maturity model and will help guide records management professionals in designing comprehensive and effective records management programs by:
- Identifying how the maturity model applies to each of the eight principles
- Discussing how each of the eight principles might be weighted for importance
- Providing a means of identifying the gaps between your organization’s current practices and the desirable level of maturity
- Using the maturity model to assess the risk(s) to the organization, based on the largest gaps
- Providing insights into available ARMA resources for further research
These Principles will be followed by a group workshop, an end-of-day panel, and information to take home with you. Not to mention, many prizes will be up for grabs!
Look for the full announcement here!
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+
Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+ is a Past President of ARMA International. He is a 44-year industry veteran and has been a member of ARMA International for 41 years. Although most of his career has been spent as a vendor Doug spent several years as a Records Coordinator at a major petroleum company. His experience in the R.I.M. field includes forms management, retention schedule development, records storage facilities and software, micrographics technologies, digital conversion services, as well as Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and Business Process Management (BPM). His ARMA experience includes two terms on the ARMA International Board of Directors and two years as the Association’s Legislative and Regulatory Affairs Chair.